From July 2012 to June 2016
The Coordinating Team will be mainly based in Pontedera and will be coordinated by WS. Thus, the project management will be carried out by the staff of the coordinating beneficiary, WS. This joint effort in the project management will provide the necessary support for the success of the project. Within the Coordinating Team, the reference person is the Project Manager, Giorgio Virgili, who will be in charge for the whole project duration.
The objectives of project management will be:
- promoting communication and cooperation between partners;
- managing project activities according to criteria of efficiency, energy savings, effectiveness and
- monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness, the environmental benefit, etc. of the main project actions;
- preparing the reports to be submitted to the EC on the basis of each actions results;
- submitting the reports to the EC, meeting the established deadlines and methods;
- prepare the partnership agreement between the beneficiaries ;
- organising and chairing project meetings;
- resolving possible conflicts and overcoming problems that may arise in the course of the project;
- financial administration and liaison with the Commission.
The partnership agreement will be drawn up outlining actions, rights and responsibilities of each partner carrying out the activities implied by the project, according to the schedule arranged together. The main aspects of such agreement will be notified to the EC. Action results will be coordinated through reports and periodic meetings with the leaders of the actions themselves, ensuring that the established times and activities are met.
Data, experiences and problems concerning the project’s fulfillment will be exchanged among the partners. Internal procedures will be organized in order to keep the project’s accounts correctly. In particular, all the expenses will be recorded on separate and easy-to-identify files.
It is expected that project’s deadlines will be met and that all the partners will punctually submit the documents needed to prepare the reports to be sent to the EC. The project manager will also be responsible for preparation and distribution of meeting minutes. In addition, a steering committee will be established, consisting of the project manager and the various action leaders. Members of this committee will meet twice in a year (at months 6, 12, etc.) to ensure the smooth running of the project and to assist the project manager with its duties. Information to be circulated in these meetings include:
- update other beneficiaries with the progress occurred in each task over the previous six months;
- plan and schedule activities for the next work period.
The project management and working meetings will be held in the office of WS, never the less it will be used and promoted the communication between partners through video-conferences, e-mails and meetings.
• Good and efficient management of the project.
• Quick problem solving.
• Organizing the technical actions, advising on the dissemination of public awareness actions